Younger people usually choose trendy colored lenses. What makes these lenses different? These devices allow you to modify the color of your eyes which is the fad nowadays. It can be a lighter hue or something more ostentatious. Actually, it is up to you to select the color or model that will make you look different and stand out in the crowd. Colored contact lenses are safe for as long as these are properly prescribed, used and maintained.
Selecting the color of your contacts depends on your hair color and skin complexion. It also depends on the appearance that you want to project. If you want to moderate your looks, you can opt for a tint that will highlight the edges of your iris and spread out the natural color. You can also other shades for natural enhancement. If you crave for a vivacious look that everyone will notice immediately, there is a blend of gaudy colors. Take your pick.
Notwithstanding if these are ordinary of colored lenses, it is vital to clean and disinfect your contacts to protect your eyes. This should be done on a regular basis and as prescribed the eye care practitioner. This expert will definitely give you advice on the maintenance schedule which you should adhere top strictly.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and dry with fabric-free towel before holding any contact lenses.
- When you take away the colored contact lensesfrom your eyes, it is advisable to rub lightly the surface with specially designed cleaners. This will eradicate pollutants from the lens which may otherwise bring about a feeling of discomfort, infection or a decrease in the life span of your contact lens.
- After cleaning the lens, rinse it with the suitable solution. Ask your eye care doctor about the most effective and safe contact lens solutions which can be suitable for all your cleaning, disinfecting, washing and storage requirements.
- Always put your lens in a clean storage container and cover with the solution. Do not allow dirt to or dust to enter the receptacle.
Additional Valuable Information
- Do not use contact lenses longer than the prescribed period. This may cause serious impairment to your vision or serious damage to the condition of your sensitive eyes.
- Before you buy contact lensesagain, throw away the old lenses and get rid of any unused solution. Uncover your case so these can be dried and refreshed with air. This will prevent germs to build up in the case. In fact, the contact lens cases should be replaced with new ones every three months or after you buy a new solution.
- Refrain from wearing contact lenses if you encounter any problems in your eyes. If you experience any discomfort, redness, and changes in vision while wearing your contact lenses, remove these right away and get in touch with your eye care professional.
- Wear protective goggles if you opt to swim with your contact lenses on. If your contact lenses are exposed to chlorine, make sure that you clean the contact lenses after your swimming session.